Collecting and sharing your data
Your personal details and any other information supplied by you is what we shall define as personal data for the purposes of this policy.
Regardless of how you have supplied your personal details to us, we will never use or share them without a lawful reason to do so. As a minimum, we’ll use them to deliver the service you wanted to receive.
We will only share your information in the following circumstances:
- It is with the regulatory bodies, including but not limited to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Financial Services Authority (FSA) or the Financial Services Commission (FSC)
- It is with fraud prevention and credit reference agencies
- It is required by law
- It has been authorised by you
- It is provided to other suppliers as required to fulfil our contractual and legal obligations in any service contract between you and us. In addition, these suppliers will only be able to use your personal data to provide the specific service that they have contractually agreed to deliver
How we protect your data
Your data is considered to be an important asset to us and as such we make every effort to ensure the necessary measures are in place to prevent unauthorised or inappropriate access, use, modification, disclosure or destruction of your data. Measures we take to keep your data secure include, but are not limited to:
- Making regular backups of files
- Protecting company file servers and workstations with virus scanning software
- Using a system of passwords so that access to data is restricted
- Allowing only authorised staff into certain computer areas in the company
- Using data encryption techniques to code data when in transit
- Ensuring that staff are only given sufficient rights to any systems to enable them to perform their job function
Where we use third parties to process your personal data, we require them to ensure the safety of your data by signing a GDPR Compliance Contract
Your privacy is extremely important to us. We’re committed to protecting any personal data you’ve given us, and we comply with all relevant data protection laws.
This means that:
- We take full responsibility for the data we hold about you
- We will protect your privacy at all times
- We will never sell your personal data
Best4 is a trading name of Autoguard Warranties Limited and as such Autoguard Warranties Limited will be known as the ‘Data Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. Autoguard Warranties Limited company registration number is 6574030 and its registered address is Building 5, Archipelago Office Park, Lyon Way, Camberley, Surrey, GU16 7ER.
What data do we collect?
The personal data we collect might include the following:
- Name and Titles
- Email address
- IP address (Automatically Collected)
- Web browser type and version (Automatically Collected)
- Operating system (Automatically Collected)
- Data regarding what pages are accessed and when. (Automatically Collected)
- Phone number
- Date of Birth
- Vehicle Information
If you purchase a product from us, your payment card information is not held by us.
We record our calls and other means of communication for the following:
- Quality control and training
- Meeting any legal obligation
- Protecting your vital interests
- Prevention or detection of fraud or crime
- For the legitimate interests of the data controller
When data is collected
We collect your personal data when:
- You purchase our products and services or those provided by us or our service providers
- You make enquiries
- You register for information or other services
- You register for a claim/repair request
- You respond to communications or surveys
- We require additional information from you for validation purposes
- You visit the website
Use of Data
We will retain any data you submit for 6 years. The only exception to this is data submitted as part of a quotation process. This data is only kept for a maximum of three months, provided that the quotation is not converted into an order subsequently.
Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
Your data may be required by us to assess and analyse, this will help us provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website.
Specifically, data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Improvement of our products / services
- Transmission of promotional materials that may be of interest to you, that you have specifically requested
- Contact that you have requested for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the website
- Fraud prevention and detection
- Verifying your identity when required
- Contacting you about and processing the renewal of your policy/service contract
Link to other websites
We use Google Analytics, AdWords Remarketing and Session cookies on the www.best4warranty.com and www.best4gap.com websites.
Who has access to your data
All data we hold about you will be handled and processed by our staff and no other parties will have access to your personal data unless there is a legal or contractual obligation for us to provide them with this.
Please be aware, however, that your data may be stored on a cloud based system (DCSL Software Limited) whose servers are located within the European Union.
We will not transfer your information outside the EEA unless it is to a country which is considered to have equivalent data protection laws or we have taken all reasonable steps to ensure the firm has suitable standards in place to protect your information.
Best4 use the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the business, website and marketing methods.
These Parties include:
MailChimp (email service provider)
Webequator Limited (Website operator)
DCSL Software Limited (Internal database provider)
Jackson Lee Underwriters (Insurance partner)
Ageas Insurance Limited (Insurance partner)
Bastion Insurance Company Ltd (Insurance partner)
Call Assist (Roadside assistance partner)
Adobe Creative Cloud (Cloud-based file storage)
Trustpilot (Consumer feedback platform)
Amazon Web Services (Website Server)
Your privacy rights.
Under the terms of Data Protection legislation you have a number of rights in relation to the information we hold about you. This includes the right to:
- Ask for a free copy of any personal information we hold about you
- Ask for correction of any information held
- Object to the use of your personal information for direct marketing
- Withdraw any permission you have previously given to us to process your personal data except where this is critical to us fulfilling our contractual and legal obligations
- Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at any time if you are not satisfied with our use of your information
- Ask for your personal data to be deleted or removed from our system. Please note that we will let you know if your requested cannot be fulfilled due to legal or regulatory obligations
Should you wish to exercise any of your rights under the Data Protection legislation please direct all enquiries to the Data Protection Officer available by email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Data Protection Officer, Building 5, Archipelago Office Park, Lyon Way, Camberley, Surrey, GU16 7ER. Alternatively, you can telephone 03432 271 499.
Changes to our Privacy Notice