Following FCA guidelines, Best4 are pausing all GAP sales to ensure the best compliance and service for our customers.
Learn more about what this means for you.
Best4 GAP - GAP Insurance Providers
Available Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm

What does GAP Insurance cover?

We can help you decide which GAP Insurance policy is best for your new car. 

  • 18 Feb 2021
  • Phoebe - Digital Marketing Assistant

We offer an array of GAP Insurance products, and here’s how to figure out which one’s for you. 

GAP Insurance is designed to protect the value of your vehicle and/or protect you against a financial shortfall on your finance or contract hire agreement if your vehicle is written off and not replaced by a motor insurer following an accident, fire or theft.

If your vehicle is written off, every policy will also pay up to £250 towards your motor insurance excess as well as £1500 towards any dealer fitted accessories that are shown on your original vehicle invoice.


Purchase Price and Finance GAP

This particular GAP protection can also be referred to as Return to Invoice (RTI GAP)

If your vehicle is written off and you had purchased it from a dealer outright or on a finance agreement, we will pay the difference between the motor insurance settlement figure and the greater of either the purchase price of your vehicle or the early settlement amount that you owe to your finance company. 


Lease GAP

If your vehicle is written off and your vehicle was on a contract hire/lease agreement, we will pay the difference between the motor insurance settlement and the termination charge applied by the finance company. We will also cover your initial deposit rental paid on your vehicle up to a maximum value of 3 of your monthly rentals.



View All Blogs
Cards accepted: Visa

Best4 is a trading name of Autoguard Warranties Limited. Best4 is fully regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Our FCA number is 500640.

© An Autoguard Group Company.